- Advanced Google - http://rhslibrary.org/PPT/Advanced Google.ppt
- This is slide show with links to websites about using your school and public libraries as resources for teaching students information literacy skills. The balanced use of print as well as online resources is encouraged.
Googling - http://rhslibrary.org/PPT/Beyond_Googling.ppt
This is slide show with links to websites about using your school and public
libraries as resources for teaching students information literacy skills.
The balanced use of print as well as online resources is encouraged.
Non-Traditional Materials: The Whys - http://rhslibrary.org/PPT/Cataloging Non-Traditional Materials Why.ppt
A presentation about why we should be cataloging
Non-Traditional Materials: The Hows - http://rhslibrary.org/PPT/Cataloging Non-Traditional Materials How.ppt
- A presentation about the hows of MARC formating for cataloging
records for (mostly) electronic materials.
Tips and Tricks - http://rhslibrary.org/PPT/Cataloging_Tips_and_Tricks.ppt
- A presentation about the history and use of MARC formating for cataloging
Websites: Best Practices - http://rhslibrary.org/PPT/Library_Websites.ppt
This presentation explains the best practices based on a template by school
librarian, Joyce Valenza, and the criteria used by the International Association
of School Librarianship for its "School Library Website of the Month" award.
Orientation - http://rhslibrary.org/PPT/Orientation.ppt
This is the presentation given at the beginning of the school year to 9th
graders to introduce them to the Bessie Chin Library, its rules, and resources.
- MARC: Beyond the Basics - http://rhslibrary.org/PPT/MARC_Beyond_the_Basics.ppt
- This presentation was originally given at the 2006 CSLA Conference and describes less commonly used MARC fields, newer MARC fields, the use of MARC authority controls.
- MLA Citation Intro - http://rhslibrary.org/PPT/MLA_Style_Intro.ppt
- This introduction to MLA citation style was adapted from the following presentation to serve as a basic introduction to MLA style.
- MLA Citation Workshop - http://rhslibrary.org/PPT/MLA_Workshop_Presentation.ppt
- This presentation about MLA citation style was adapted from one produced by The Writing Center at Minot State University in South Dakota.
Return to the Redwood
Cybrary Home Page |
Created by the Webspinner:
April 9, 2004. Updated October 1, 2008.
©Tamalpais UHSD -- Tom Kaun, Library Media Teacher
-- Bessie Chin Library @ Redwood High School, 395 Doherty Drive, Larkspur,
CA 94939 -- 415.945.3662